The Founders Center accepts students ages 2-21 years. Since we have rolling admission, there are no set deadlines for enrollment. However, the following steps will be completed as part of the intake and enrollment process.
- Contact us to schedule a tour or to answer any pre-enrollment questions you might have. We accept admission from either school divisions or parents, depending on the funding source.
- If you are hoping to take advantage of the Autism Insurance Mandate (House Bill 303 & Senate Bill 464) to assist with coverage of our fees, please read more about our Comprehensive Service Package.
- If you are looking to pay privately, using insurance for ABA services, find out more about our Insurance billing process. You can also find out how your insurance would cover TFC programs and fees before you request a tour.
- A tour of the appropriate site is scheduled with one of our Program Coordinators or the Director. At this meeting, you will be provided with an intake packet that includes additional information about our programs, information regarding insurance billing procedures (if applicable), and an initial application form.
- Once we receive the completed initial application form, an observation and formal intake will be scheduled with the family and/or service coordinator. This may take place at the child’s current school, home, or on the TFC campus, depending on what is most appropriate for the child’s current needs.
- After an observation and interviews with current teachers or caregivers and the family, the administrative team will determine whether the child will be served appropriately at TFC. If it is determined that TFC is a good fit for the student, the family and/or placing agent(s) will be contacted regarding pursuit of admission or placement on a waiting list if space is not available.
- A complete admission packet will be sent to the parent and/or placing agent for completion once a start date has been agreed upon. Determination of start date may be contingent on available space and the need (if any) to hire additional staff. We must also have all necessary paperwork completed and on file prior to the child’s first day.
- Prior to entrance to the program, a funding source must be solidified. For placements utilizing public funding, this includes an accurate purchase order. For placements utilizing private funding, this includes a billing contract and authorization for insurance billing (if applicable).
- When all enrollment paperwork is complete, funding is secured and confirmed, and the staff has completed initial training, the child will enter the program.